Advent Calendar 2021 tutorial


Happy December, everyone! If you know me, it's not a surprise that I start December with an Advent Calendar project. As my children grow up, we’ve switched chocolate and small gifts to ‘Christmas coupons’ in the Advent calendar. A cookie-baking afternoon or a movie night is a real pleasure for them, as is putting together a charity gift package or making a postcard for people living in a nursing home.

As is the previous years, I used the Crate Paper collection for my project. This year, CP's Holiday collection is called Busy Sidewalks. To create the calendar, I folded 12+1 tiny pockets from patterned paper, (there are 2 tags in every pocket). You can see a short tutorial for the pockets here


Then, I created a cover using cardboard and patterned paper. To the inside, I added an additional cardboard piece (18,5 x 16,5 cm) which I wrapped around with baker's twine. I adhered the wrapped cardboard piece to the cover, and I strung the pockets to the string. Then, I adhered the back of the pockets together. Here are the measurements of the cover:






Finally, I put a coupon tag into every pocket. I only added a number to those tags which contain specific dating activities.





I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, and I could inspire you to be creative and make pretty stuff! Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. This is the MOST ADORABLE thing I have ever seen! What a wonderful talent you have. Thank you SO much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! super cute! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete