How I start my Week in the life album | Hidden spiral bookbinding technique with Cinch


Hi, Ladies! I'm so excited to share a new project with you today. There are three things in this album that I wanted to make for a long time...
First, the theme...I wanted to create a Week in the life album! I learned about this theme from Ali Edwards when I attended her class last week. I loved this idea and I decided to give it a try. Next, I wanted to use my Cinch! The hardest thing to use the Cinch machine for me is that I have to be ready with every page before I put together the album. Usually, I start my albums by creating the cover, and then I enjoy working on the pages and fill the album with them one by one. This is the reason why I wanted to figure out an expandable album form using my Cinch. My idea was to trim down hinges from acetate sheet, bind them together, and then I could attach the pages to the hinges one by one. It was a perfect solution for me! 

In this video you can see the entire process of the hidden spiral bookbinding technique and the first pages I added to my album. 



As I was ready with the first pages I added them to my album. The size of the cover is 14x18.5 cm + I added 5 pcs 0,5x18,5 cm hard cardstock pieces to the spine. I used white cardstock in size 33x18,5 cm to attach the spiral to the inside of the cover. I folded in half, punched holes, and scored line by 1,5 cm. The hinges are 2x18 cm. The size of the pages I attached to the hinges is 11x18 cm.





I hope I could inspire you to give a try to this bookbinding technique! Thanks for stopping by! Bea

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just saw your video and is so beautiful and so much work!! I will give it a tray though! You really are inspiring! And thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete