Why I scrapbook? | Crate Paper DT



Hi, everyone, I'm back to the Crate Paper blog.  Today I would like to share a special project with you to showcase why I love scrapbooking, and what I love the most in the creative process.  For me, scrapbooking is to preserve memories in more of way than photos can do by themselves. Happiness ebbs and flows through our lives and I want to capture these unforgettable moments of joy by documenting it so that I can relive those precious moments from time to time. This is the reason that my favorite scrapbooking projects are mini albums, I love the creative process of assembling the base and my family enjoy so much looking through the photos and reading the stories. It’s a beautiful thing! Through the creative process, scrapbooking also helped me to become more organized, taking better photos and to find my own style. I found new friends and encouraging the community through this hobby. Because scrapbooking is not only useful but also fun! Besides the beautiful papers and embellishments, there are a lot of great new trends and techniques that make this hobby diverse and enjoyable.
This is the mini album I created for today as a sample of my favorite scrapbooking projects.
Using a brand new collection is always 'cherry on the top' in my process, so I chose the amazingly beautiful Sweet Story collection for my mini album.


The best part of the process for me is designing the album in my head. First I decide about the style, the color scheme, and the sizes. I always like to add something personal, unique to my albums. This time I designed a layered flower cut file to decorate the cover. To create the flower, I cut 7 different layers from patterned paper using my Cameo. To add dimension, I used a hot glue gun to attach the layers.


Next, I covered the mini album with fabric, and created a curved spine from heavy cardstock stripes and patterned paper.



The inside pages of the album have various sizes and forms just as I love. I don’t measure the size of the pages, just add them to the album in the prettiest way as I can.


I use my favorite techniques to embellish the album like fussy cutting, layering or machine stitching.


I love making scrapbooks. It's one of the most fun projects in the world to me. I can’t wait to share new ideas with you next time! Thanks for stopping by! Bea

Supplies: Maggie Holmes | Sweet Story | Sparkle (373137), Sprinkles (373144), Taffy (373073), Shortcake (373139), Posies (373081), Sweetest (373136), Storytime (373072)

3 comments:

  1. Ton projet est très original ! Très frais. J'adore la couverture, cette accumulation de papiers en 3D est une très bonne idée ! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful 💖💖💖💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete