DIY Travel Kit | Volar collection


Hi, everyone! I'm sharing a special project with you today! Although traveling could be complicated this year, fortunately, we live in such a beautiful country that we have many opportunities to spend our holidays in beautiful places. If you know me, you already know that I love working ahead and put together journals or mini-book before we go on our holiday. This makes it much easier to document our travel memories. This time I created a complete travel kit that includes a pretty shaker plastic bag, a file folder, a journal, and mini-book with a lot of pockets and tags for photos.


I chose the super pretty a Volar collection by Mintopia Studio. I absolutely love the soft colors and the travel-themed embellishments, perfect to document vacation memories. 

Here is the walkthrough video of my project and the steps of the basic assembly of the plastic bag and the mini-album.



I started my project by creating a fun plastic bag to hold everything I need on my way. My journal, my album, scissors, pens, glue, and my watercolor set. I used the lovely patterned plastic sheet outside and machine-stitched a clear acetate piece to inside for creating a fun shaker pocket. 
I started the bag by stitching a piece of ribbon to a 30x30 cm patterned acetate sheet with 4" from the edges. I left 1-1 cm free on the edges, so I could stitch behind the handles later. Next, I trimmed down a clear acetate sheet into 25x30 cm, and attach it to the inside of the patterned acetate sheet with a stitching machine. First I stitched through three edges, then I filled the pocket with sequences. After that, I closed down the fourth edge with stitching. To attach the sides of the bag, I used double-sided tape. First I cut into the patterned acetate sheet two times 13,5 cm from the edges to create the bottom of the bag, than added tape and attached the both sides gently. 


Next, I created a simple two-pocket folder using white cardstock. I hid a strong magnet into a heart shape to close the album tightly ( I cut out the heart shape from heavy cardstock and used a vellum heart ephemera piece to cover ). The size of my folder is 12,5x23 cm, the spine is 3 cm. I attached two identical pockets to both sides.




I filled the folder with my journal and my mini-album. 





The size of my mini album is 11x21 cm, spine is 1cm. I created five pockets to hold my tags and pages. I love the interactive pages, There are unless possibilities to fill them up with photos. 









I hope I could inspire you to create a travel kit for your own! Happy crafting! XO. Bea

5 comments:

  1. Как всегда - выше всяких похвал!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty. Can you give details of the stitching machine and other tools you have used to do this project? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me from where did you buy trimmer with scoreboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Szia Bea.
    Ezeket a szép mintás átlátszó fóliákat hol lehet kapni, meg a nem mintásat? Köszönöm a válaszod.
    Gyönyörű minden munkád! :)

    ReplyDelete