Sweet Sugar mini-album | Crate Paper DT



Hi, Crate Paper fans! It’s Bea here sharing a new mini-album featuring the adorable and beautiful Sweet Story collection by Maggie Holmes. I have to admit that one of our favorite programs during quarantine time was baking cakes. We had so much fun making a lot of sweet and delicious cakes with my daughter, and I decided to document those delightful moments in a mini album. The Sweet Story collection is jam-packed with fruit and sweetie embellishment pieces, just perfect for the baking theme. I designed a fun interactive album base with cascade pages, so now I just need to fill up the pages with the photos.

First, here is a video, so you can see a flip through of the album and then the basic assembly of the base:


The size of the album is 5,5x3,75”. I constructed the cover using heavy cardstock pieces and patterned paper. To make the cover more playful, I cut wavy edges to the cardstock and completed the front cover with a piece of transparent sheet.  I love that the cascade pages can be seen through the cover.


To create the pages, I trimmed down patterned papers and stitched them together using thread. I created two page-groups and arrange them opposite each other. I attached the pages to the back cover using double-sided tape.


I embellished the pages with adorable stickers and ephemera pieces from the collection using tone on tone technique.


I also created fun layered clusters using fussy cut bows, and cut fringes with fringe scissors.


On the last page, I created a tiny vellum pocket to make space for additional photos or journaling. I adore the gorgeous gold puffy bow on the top of the pocket.



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re inspired to create your own Sweet Story mini-album and maybe venture into this interactive design too!


Supplies: Maggie Holmes | Sweet Story collection | Sparkle (373137), Sprinkles (373144), Taffy (373073), Parfait (373140), Posies (373081), Sweetest (373136), Storytime (373072), Chipboard sticker (373150), Puffy bows (373152), Layered Butterflies stickers (373154)

4 comments:

  1. Hermoso trabajo, dulce, un deleite para los ojos. Felicidades y gracias por compartir tus conocimientos. Gracias por el tutorial. Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какая красота! Веселый, энергичный, позитивный! Спасибо! Thank you for idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindo, dulce, alegre y divertido, así son tus proyectos… 🦋🦋😍😍👏👏🌻🌻😘😘

    ReplyDelete