Double Page Layout with Magical Forest collection | Crate Paper DT


Hey, everyone! It’s Bea here and I’m so excited to be rounding off ‘Double page scrapbook layouts’ weeks on the Crate Paper blog! I have to admit that I rarely create a double page layout so today’s project was a little bit challenging for me. But trying new techniques and ideas is always fun, and I enjoyed so much moving out of my comfort zone!
To create my layout I used the adorable Magical Forest collection. As you can see, this time I decided to use 8.5x11” size layouts as the parts of my project. For both pages, I chose the Childhood patterned paper as the background. I trimmed down the papers into 8.5x11”, and I placed them next to each other with the rainbow pattern side up. I knew that I wanted to use a large photo for my layout, so I printed out one of my favorite photos of my daughter and me from last fall. My idea was to decorate the left side of the layout mostly and to add the large photo with journaling tags to the right.


I started to create the left side with fussy cutting a bunch of beautiful flowers and leaves from the Meadow patterned paper. I also cut some simple flower shape from patterned papers using my electronic cutting machine. I added dimension to the flowers with bending up a little bit the petals. I arranged all those beauties around the page. I used foam adhesive to add more dimension.


I chose a piece of ephemera with the meaningful ‘Grow like a wildflower’ phrase as my title, and I adhered to the center of the left page with a fabric bow under.   

Magical Forest collection is jam-packed with cute animal stickers and I couldn’t resist adding the adorable bunny and fox stickers to my flower cluster. Can you find the tiny grasshopper on the left side?


I hope you liked my layout and I could inspire you to try out new creative ways to document your precious memories! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Magical Forest collection | Childhood (351000), Critters (350998), Always (351002), Wildflower (351003), Meadow (350999), Sunlight (350996), Stickers (351012), Fabric Bows (351017), Sticker Book (351020), Ephemera Pack (351022)


1 comment: