Junque Journal cover with Color Pour | American Crafts DT


Hi Ladies! It's time to get messy! A new adventure is coming to the blog with the easiest and most amazing mixed media technique I've ever tried! I decided to challenge my inner artist and try out the new Pre-mixed Pouring Paint Kit by American Crafts. The specially formulated paints are pre-mixed with the right amount of pouring medium for optimal flow and amazing result! Color pouring was never easier and more fun!


My plan was to apply the Peacock Color Pour set on my Junque Jornal's cover. First, I used masking tape on the inner cover's edges to protect the inner side from the paint. 


Then, I set up my working area, covered the surface carefully with a drop cloth and put on my glows. Next, I grabbed plastic cups and started to layer the paints. I added small portions from every paint and repeated the process three or four times. 


You can't go wrong with the color palette, it only depends on your personal preferences! American Crafts made beautiful kits with pre-selected color palettes. If you decide to use one of those, the only real work you have to do is pour!


When I finished with the paint layering, I turned over the journal cover and placed to the cup. Then I held the cup to the surface and flipped the cup and the cover over so that the cup is now upside-down on top of the cover. 



Now, you can choose to use the cup to spread it out a bit or you can set the cup aside and tilt the canvas. The trick to this is to really just let the paint flow the way you like it.


To jazz up my journal cover, I sprinkled Foil Flakes into the paint, before it dried. used four cups turned upside down as a makeshift drying platform. Depending on how much paint you use, it can take 12-24 hours for the artwork to dry.


To be honest, I couldn't be happier with the result!! It's colorful, shiny and unique! I hope I could inspire you to use Color Pour paint to decorate your home or on your next scrapbooking projects! xo Bea




No comments:

Post a Comment