Collage Style Layout | Crate Paper DT


Hey everyone, Bea here today with a new layout to share for creative layouts week on the Crate Paper blog. For my layout, I decided to create a collage as a base for my layout design. I am a big fan of layering and loved that collage led itself to that technique.
The layout features the beautiful Good Vibes collection.  As always, I love the bright colors that this collection brings to a page, and against a light background they sure do pop!

I started my layout by choosing the Serious Fan patterned paper as my background. To create the collage style, I wanted to layer as many ephemera pieces and stickers from the collection as possible to the background.


First, I gathered ephemera pieces and stickers that fit my layout with their style or color. Next, I cropped my photo into a circle and fussy cut around. I layered white paper behind to add a frame. I added the photo to the center to create the focal point of the layout. I used my Cameo to cut out tropical leaves from patterned paper. I layered them behind the photo to add more interest to the page.




I arranged all the ephemera pieces and stickers around my photo. I decorated the ephemera pieces with paper clips, stitching, and charms. I also added another photo to the right side of the page and embellished with fussy cut letter and a stamped text bubble.


Good Vibes collection has adorable pom-pom frames, and I couldn’t resist adding the yellow one under the photo. I tied around the frame with colored thread. I tried to also reflect on my daughter’s personality with adding things like llama ephemera piece or pink flower sticker. I absolutely love how this colorful layout turned out!



I hope you enjoyed my take on the creative layouts week! Thanks for stopping by the Crate Paper blog.

Supplies: Crate Paper | Good Vibes collection | Serious Fun (344302), Flourish (344306), Life Goals (344308), So Chill (344298), Chipboard stickers, Pom-pom frames (344320), Charms (344319), Ephemera 







No comments:

Post a Comment