Valentine's Day gift album | Crate Paper DT


Hey friends, its Bea here and I have a cute and super-fast Valentine’s Day gift idea to share with you today. I love making mini albums and love surprise my beloved ones with handmade gifts. And what’s better than adding a tiny mini book as a gift?

My idea was to create a tiny accordion album, then add a favorite photo of us, a customized Valentine’s Day greeting and a little surprise like a piece of chocolate, theater tickets, cute keyrings etc. I started my project with trimming down a 3” wide paper stripe from a 12x12 patterned paper, and score lines by 2.75”, 5.5”, 8.25”, 9.25”. Then I folded along the lines to create an accordion mini album. Easy-peasy.


Next, I made paper pockets to create space for tiny gifts and tags. Another way to add the gift to the album is cutting two slits into the paper using crafts knife and adding a ribbon. Then put the chocolate into a tiny package and attach to the album with the ribbon.  


I used two different techniques to add my journaling. First I printed out my message, trimmed into strips and adhered to a tag. Then I placed the tag into a pocket.  In the other case, I handwrote my message and placed the journaling tag behind an ephemera piece. I attached the ephemera piece only on the top, this way it became an interactive page with hidden journaling.



When finished, I adhered the photo to the album and embellished the albums with stickers, sequences, ephemera pieces, paper clips from the stunning La La Love collection


These tiny gifts were so much fun to create! I hope you have enjoyed this idea here on the blog. Thanks so much for stopping by!



Supplies: La La Love collection | Ephemera Pieces (344555), Small embellishments (344560), Puffy Stickers (344559), Paper Clips (344561), Sentiment Stickers (344558), Foam Glitter Stickers (344552), Heart You (344541), Heart Beat (344547), Sugar Sugar (344543), Bouquet (344545), In Love (344534)






1 comment:

  1. Do you have a video tutorial also, will love to make one

    ReplyDelete