Good times layout | American Crafts DT


Hi, Ladies, I'm here with you today to share a new mixed media inspiration using the awesome Stay Sweet collection by Amy Tangerine. It all started with the super fun mini watercolor set. I love the bright colors and the genius design, especially the little water bottle and built-in palette for mixing! I rarely use watercolor on my projects, but this time I really wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone.

I decided to create a fun background by painting colorful patches. To do this, I grabbed a smooth white card stock and drew a semi-circle to the lower half using a pencil. Then I tried to mix the watercolor paints to get similar shades than the Color Pop Paradise patterned paper had. I painted colorful squares in three rows into the semi-circle.


When the paint dried, I added a handstitched outline to the semi-circle with tone on tone threads.  I chose a colorful summer photo of my children to document on this layout. I placed the photo to the center and layered patterned paper and a tag behind.


Next, I cut tropical leaves and flowers using my cutting machine and created a cluster to the right side of the photo. I added foam stickers and a lovely suede flower to add more dimension. To top of the cluster, I added the ‘Chill Out’ title using the shiny alphabet stickers from the collection. I love the fact, that there are glittered and foiled versions of the alphabets, it’s so fun to mix and match them on the layout.


To the other side, I placed a journaling card to keep my thoughts and layered fussy cut flowers behind. The fishes are so cute in the ephemera pack, I couldn’t resist to add one of them to my layout, and also adhered smaller fish stickers around.


This layout is pretty much my favorite thing on my desk right now. I hope you like my layout and I could inspire you to try new techniques with your watercolors! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stay Sweet collection | Color Poop Paradise (351174), Candy (351187), Pink Lemon Party (351177), Phrase Stamp (351205), Suede Flower Sticker (351211), Mini Puffy Stickers (351210), Puffy Sticker (351209), Ephemera (351200), Watercolor Set (351199), Alphabet stickers (351206)


1 comment:

  1. Your layout is absolutely stunning!! I LOVE the shapes and colors! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete