DIY decor frame | American Crafts DT


Hello, ladies! I'm up on the American Crafts blog today with a fun DIY project to share. I’m so excited for Details 2 Enjoy week! The possibilities are endless with these super fun wood frame decorations, and it’s so easy and fast to put them together.

I was wanting to update my craft room wall decor so I thought it would be fun to use my Vicki Boutin acrylic paints to cover a 7x7” wood frame and to see what could come to life.  Luckily my idea worked and now I want to share it with you all.  Trust me…it's super easy and looks fabulous!
First, I covered the back of the frame with masking tape and added one layer of white gesso. Once it dried, I picked up a dry brush and painted the surface with the ‘Daiquiri Ice’ acrylic paint.


Next, I grabbed the ‘Ampersand kit’ and decorated the white wood ampersand sign with felt flowers and leaves. I used double-sided foam tape to adhere them to the background. The top of the frame is attached by tiny magnets, so I removed the top, and inserted the grey background into the frame. Easy - peasy.


I love the DIY spirit of this cute decoration so much! My home and how I decorate reflects a lot of who I am. 


One more TIP: use alphabet stickers from your stash to create your own motivational board! Nothing makes me happier than when I can really utilize what is in my stash to create customized home decor pieces.  I love when everything works together, don’t you?


This beautiful project took an hour to customize and complete. That’s my kind of crafting! Thank you for stopping by!


Supplies: Details 2 Enjoy Pocket Frames | DIY Ampersand Kit (348119), Felt embellishments (348136),  Oh happy day Kit (351323), DIY Frame (343483), Vicki Boutin acrylic paint (343906)

No comments:

Post a Comment