Summer dress inspired layout



Hey, everyone! Its Bea here and I have a very bright and tropical layout to share today. I usually start creating scrapbook layouts with pulling out papers and embellishments I need to use and then I choose a photo and think of ways to make each one work with others. But this time, I challenged myself to change my creative process, and I started my layout with the photo!
 To start, I printed out a cute photo of my daughter I took last summer, and then I tried to find a collection that fits the color scheme and theme of the photo. I chose the Sweet Story collection by Maggie Holmes, the bright colors and adorable embellishments make it so easy to create gorgeous summer layouts!


Next, I trimmed white cardstock into 10x12 inches and wrapped around with string. I placed the photo above the string and painted light watercolor around the photo. To create the design of the layout, I was inspired by the pattern of my daughter’s cloth. I love the tropical leaves and flowers and wanted to reflect the cute design on my layout. To do that, I cut similar leaves from patterned papers using my cutting machine.


I arranged the leaves under the string, and adhered stickers and ephemera pieces among them. I also created tropical flowers using punched flowers and string and attached the next to the leaves. I added the ‘sunshine + smiles’ sticker under the photo as the title of the page.


New techniques always inspire me to create, and I couldn’t love more how this layout turned out! I hope you like my layout inspiration today, thanks for stopping by! Bea


Supplies: Maggie Holmes | Sweet Story collection | Sparkle (373137), Sprinkles (373144), Taffy (373073), Parfait (373140), Posies (373081), Sweetest (373136), Storytime (373072), Chipboard sticker (373150), Cardstock stickers (359923)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is truly a statement layout! all the way around! Wonderful details and photo!

    ReplyDelete