Pull-out mini album with Late Afternoon collection



Hey, everyone! I’m so excited to show you my first project made with the new ’Late Afternoon’ collection by Amy Tangerine. This new line is so delicate and pretty, fits many themes and projects. I adore the beautiful autumn color scheme and the lovely autumn patterns on the papers, and as I walked through the 12x12 paper pad I was immediately inspired to create a mini album for my upcoming fall photos.

First, here is a short process video about the album and the main steps of the basic assemble.


This time I chose the super-easy accordion-fold spine bookbinding technique, but I spiced up the structure with a pull-out back cover (I write about this further below)



I started my album by creating the cover. I trimmed down 4 pieces of heavy cardstock into 14,5x10 cm. To create the frame to the front cover I cut out the center of the first cardstock piece. Then I covered all of them with patterned paper. To the front cover, I wanted to fill the frame with an autumn forest scene, so I fussy cut five trees from patterned paper. I stitched thread-branches to the trees, and adhered sequences to add a little shine. I arranged the trees into the frame and adhered wide ribbon pieces to both sides under the frame.
  



Next, I trimmed down a strong but flexible paper into 8 cm stripe, and created the accordion folded spine using my WRMK scoreboard.  I attached the spine to the front cover, between the frame and the other heavy cardstock pieces. On the back cover, I attached the spine between the two cardstock pieces also, but I attached the cardstock pieces only on the top and on the bottom. This way I could pull through the wide ribbon between the cover layers, and the back cover became a pull-out element.



With pulling out the back cover, the pages appear. I absolutely love the sight of the varied patterned papers and the layered pages!






The pages of the album are 13x9,5 cm. I’m a huge fan of pockets, so I turned two pages into pockets to create more space for photos. To embellish the pages, I fussy cut quotes, and flowers from the patterned papers.






I hope you liked my mini album today, and I could inspire you to try new bookbinding techniques for your next project. Thanks for stopping by! Bea

Supplies: Late Afternoon collection by Amy Tangerine | Brick Road (369672), Sweeter than honey (359670), Good as gold (359649), Make a wish (359671), Out of office (359633), Rainbow Lane (359643)

2 comments: