Photo album with Sweet Story collection | Crate Paper DT


Hey, everyone! I’m so excited to share my first project with the adorable and incredibly beautiful Sweet Story collection by Maggie Holmes. This collection is pure happiness with gorgeous colors, lovely sentiments, and adorable embellishments.
My project is a simple and super easy album which could be a perfect gift idea to your beloved ones for Valentin’s Day.  

The tricky part of this project is that the pages of the album are attached to the paper case with a piece of ribbon so this way the box became a nice holder to the opened album.


Here is a video, so you can see the finished album and then the basic assembly of the paper case and the base:



I had two reasons to keep this album simple and clean. First, I created this album for my husband and I knew he preferred simply styled album filled mostly with photos and personal journaling. Second, the playful structure of the album nicely showcased the beautiful range of patterned papers and I felt it needed only a few stickers or ephemera pieces to embellish.


I started my album by putting together the paper case. To create the box, you only need patterned paper and a paper trimmer. Find the templates of the box bellow, at the end of the blog post.
I adhered a big paper heart with a paper bow to the top of the box. There are a lot of adorable sentiments in the Sweet Story collection which is perfect for a Valentine’s Day project. I trimmed down the cut-a-part sheet and added the ‘You are magic’ card to the front of the box as a title of my album.


Next, I trimmed down patterned papers to 3x8”. I folded the pages in half and created a flap by cutting two 1 cm long lines from 1 inch of the right and of the left edges. I fold back the flaps to keep the pages quite open. I attached the pages with the back-to-back technique, and attach them to the paper box with a piece of ribbon. When attaching the pages to the ribbon in the box, the bottom of the pages should be half a centimeter lower than the top of the box! If you add heavy embellishments to the pages, adhere a piece of foam adhesive behind the folded tabs to keep the pages standing.


I hope I could inspire you to create a handmade album as a Valentine’s Day gift! I can’t wait to share with you more projects using the Sweet Story collection. Thank you for stopping by!

THE BOX BASE

TOP OF THE BOX
PAGES
Supplies: Maggie Holmes | Sweet Story | Sparkle (373137), Sprinkles (373144), Taffy (373073), Shortcake (373139), Posies (373081), Sweetest (373136), Storytime (373072)






3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really cool! Thank you for putting this together to share! With pictures and directions and measurements to the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this today on the Scrapbook.com facebook page, it was love at first sight, I will be making two of them tomorrow and that's just for starters. Thank you so very much for the wonderful video
    Anita AKA gramcoffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es hermoso mucho talento gracias por compartir

    ReplyDelete