Slice of Life layout | American Crafts DT


Hi everyone! I’m so excited to share my first layout using the brand new Slice of Life collection by Amy Tangerine. This collection is so bright and fun and it’s made for everyday memory-keeping projects, layouts, journals, planners but there are other fun ways you could use them too.

The first thing that caught my eyes was the super colorful ‘The Universe’ rainbow paper, and that paper inspired me to use rainbow colors on my page. I started by choosing a natural paper as my background and placed my photo to the center. To create the fringe rainbow stripe on the left side of the photo, I trimmed the patterned paper to 3” wide and cut fringes using fringe scissors. First, I adhered the dark blue paper stripe to the bottom, and align the next stripe 1.5’ above. I repeated the process with every paper stripe, and machine stitched the last paper to the top of my background.


On the right side I got the rainbow looks with mixing ephemera pieces and stickers. I started on the top of the page and tried to find matching colored embellishments to the paper stripe on the left. I added two pieces from the beautiful glittered heart stickers to the top and arranged pink ephemera pieces and fussy cut flower below.


I adore the cute café and bakery ephemera pieces and I just HAD to include the darling cat in the socks, so I adhered the cat with pop dots next to the a yummy pie :)


I stamped the date on one of the journaling tabs found in the ephemera pack wrote the journaling below, an added to the cluster on the right side. I created the ‘Love your smile’ title with mixing ephemera pieces and stickers from the Amy Tangerine sticker book. I love the balance these pieces added to the layout.



I hope you are as excited as I am about the release of Slice of Life collection! Join us on the blog this week, the Design Team will be bringing lots of inspiration your way! Thank you for stopping by!


Supplies: Amy Tangerine | Slice of Life collection: Flower Power (354145), Fields of Gold (354136), Rainbow Hall (354146), Spotted here (354138), Bamboo Blues (354151), Pink Lemonade (354154), My Town (354137) Ephemera (354160), Glitter sticker (354167), Washi tape (354169)







1 comment:

  1. Wov, i love vivid colours you used! Kudos to an artist.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    A day without a scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Cestitka

    ReplyDelete