It's Summer! layout | American Crafts DT



Hey, friends! I'm up on the American Crafts blog today rounding off ‘It’s Summer!’ week! I always have a ton of summer photos to document every year! When I’m creating a summer layout I like to use bright colors and the It’s All Good collection by Dear Lizzy has so many great colors and patterned papers for documenting summer memories.

The grid design is definitely one of my go-to techniques, when I want to feature multiple photos on my layout! I added 12 photos to my page and I still had plenty of room for my favorite patterned papers and embellishments.


I started my layout with printing out my photos and arranged them into grid design to my background paper. Next, I sized patterned paper pieces to the same dimensions as the photos and placed them to the empty spaces.


I knew I wanted to create a symmetrical grid design for this layout but wanted to do something a bit different with the layout title. I thought it would be fun to imitate the sun with a big yellow circle and to add a circular title to the outline. I adhered the ‘sun’ to the center of my page and used foam tape to add more dimension. To create the title, I mixed and matched blue and gold puffy alphabet stickers from the collection. I decorated the center with a bike sticker and added two from the layered stickers over the bike to make it stand out.


I finished the layout with a variety of embellishments including ephemera pieces, puffy stickers, and paper clips. I liked that each of the square spaces had its own type of embellishment.




What fun ideas do you have for working with a grid? I hope you’ve been inspired today for documenting all of your summer memories this year!

Supplies: Dear Lizzy | It’s All Good collection | Pink Lemonade (348186), Thumbs up (348192), Live Simply (348197), Be You (348190), Cardstock Stickers (348174), Paper Clips (348177), Ephemera (348175), Alphabet stickers (352008, 348173), Puffy stickers (348176)

No comments:

Post a Comment