Father's Day cards | America Crafts DT


Hello Ladies! I’m so excited that we’re celebrating fathers at the American Crafts blog this week! Father’s Day is a perfect occasion to create tiny handmade presents to show our love and gratitude to the men in our lives. 

As my father is also the grandfather of my children, this year I decided to involve my children in the card making the process, and we worked on the Father’s Day cards together. My plan was to create colorful cards using easy and fun paper techniques.
To start, I grabbed blue, green and red patterned papers from the Saturday Afternoon collection. This collection with the nature-based color scheme is the perfect way to craft some Father’s day cards! I folded in half an 8.5”x5.5” patterned paper to create the card base. Then I asked my children to punch circles from the colorful Rainbow and Ice-cream patterned paper. We folded up the edges of the circles and adhered them to the card base. I created the title with mixing and matching puffy alphabet stickers and the ‘I love you’ ephemera piece.


We used the paper waving technique to create the second card. I chose green paper as my background and cut colorful stripes from the Sunshine stripes patterned paper. I just love the beautiful color scheme!  What is even more of a bonus is the bicycle and house embellishments… perfect add-ons for a masculine project.


To the third card, we made a bunch of paper beads. First, we cut paper strips and then rolled them up tightly. Next, I strung the beads with thread and stitched them to the front of the card base. We fussy cut letters to add the ‘DAD’ title.



These cards were so much fun to create! I hope that you’ve been inspired to make Father’s day cards of your own to give to your loved one!

Supplies: 1 Canoe 2 | Saturday Afternoon collection | Rainbow and Icecream (351120), Pinky Peony (351111), Afternoon Clips (351110), Foam Stickers (351153), Cardstock Stickers (351154), Wood  stickers (351156), Alpha Stickers (351152) 

1 comment:

  1. Among the three, Card 1 seems to be more realistic, along with minimal efforts. I have presented a similar card to my father on this Fathers Day. In my design, I used the textured cardstock paper that decreased my overall efforts to create the card in a small time span. The rest of the ideas were inherited from the internet that also worked for me really well. Here what type of paper have you used in creating all of these card designs?

    ReplyDelete