Holiday layout | American crafts DT

Hey there! Today I share a new layout featuring the adorable Hey, Santa collection by Crate Paper. This time I wanted to show you a fun way to use a lot of embellishments on your layout.

To beginning I gathered some favorite embellishments from the collection and tried to find the best way to use them all on my page. 


I also decided to create DIY embellishments to add more personal touch to my page. I made some 3D ornaments and a bunch of decor buttons using my WRMK button maker.


To avoid being the layout too busy, I chose a soft pink cardstock as my background. Next, I trimmed 1cm wide paper stripes using red patterned papers from the 6x8 paper pad. I created a big bow from the paper stripes and crossed the rest stripes in the center of the background to imitate a big gift box.


I printed out two small photos from the last Holiday season, and placed them both into the center. Then, I arranged all the pretty embellishments into the box shape. To adhere the stickers and die-cut pieces, I used foam tape to add more dimension. 


I placed a gift tag next to the paper bow, and added ‘Merry Christmas’ sticker from the sticker book. To add more interest to the page, I highlighted the corners of the gift box shape with machined stitched details and stitched beads to the background.  I spread white acrylic paint as a finishing touch.

I hope you like my holiday-themed layout, and I could encourage you to use Hey, Santa collection on your next paper project. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Hey, Santa Collection: Ephemera (373221), Cardstock stickers (373211), Chipboard stickers (373209), 6x8 Paper Pad (373206), Charms (373212), Pine branches (373226)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment