Accordion mini album with Marigold collection


 Hi everyone, I'm here to share a new mini-album featuring the beautiful Marigold collection and accordion technique! The size of the album is 3 x 4.5″ and contains 6 tiny pockets to hold photos and tags. I started to create the base by trimming down white cardstock paper to 16.5 x 6″. Next, I folded up 1.5″ at the bottom. To create the accordion base, I folded the paper stripe into six equal parts.

I curved the top of the pockets with scissors and attached them to the background with machine stitching.


When I was done with the base, I started creating tags to fill up the pockets. I trimmed six tags using patterned papers from the collection. I layered the tags with journaling tags and labels from the cut-a-part sheet. I also added stickers, ephemera pieces, and charms to embellish the pages. I absolutely love those gorgeous gold charms, they give a special, elegant look to any project! The pages were ready, so I printed out my photos and adhered them to the tags.


The next step was to create the cover! I trimmed down two pieces of patterned paper into 7 x 4.75″. Between the two papers, I adhered a 1.25 x 4.75″ cardstock paper piece to the center to strengthen the spine, and two pieces of ribbon. Then I attached the papers with liquid glue. I found the ‘happy little moments’ cardstock sticker to be a perfect title for my album. I layered ephemera pieces behind the sticker and added sequins around the title. I attached the base of the album to the inner side of the front cover using double-sided tape.


I hope I could inspire you to create an accordion mini album for your favorite photos and memories! Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment