Fall layout with Storyteller collection


Hi there! I'm back with a new layout using the gorgeous Storyteller collection by Vicki BoutinAs soon as I saw the beautiful ‘Fresh Cut’ paper with all the colors and amazing peonies I knew I had to use it on a layout. I mean, all the peonies! This makes my heart so happy. First I used my WRMK Spring Loaded scissors to fussy cut out the flowers of the paper. They are so pretty and so easy to fussy cut-out!


Next, I decided to fussy cut a bunch of fall leaves from the ‘Medley’ paper and two or three butterflies from the ‘Mariposa’ patterned paper. Then I grabbed my sewing machine and went through all of the pretty colored leaves. I love the overall look and the texture it adds.

The next step was to find the perfect background color. I fiddled around trying to pick a patterned paper, but finally, I decided on a brown and a cream-colored cardstock background. I wanted to see a little bit from both background colors, so I trimmed down the cream-colored cardstock and adhered to the center of the brown background. Then I played with the placement of the flowers. I tried to arrange them diagonally and straight, but finally, I decided to arrange them into two clusters to the left top and the right bottom corner of the cream cardstock.


I used double-sided foam tape to adhere the flowers and the leaves and bent up the leaves’ edges to add a little dimension. I wanted to visually connect the two clusters, so I strung a couple of beads on a piece of thread and adhere around the page playfully. I printed out two photos of my little daughter and me from last year and added them to the center of the page. To create the ‘Autumn vibes’ title, I used the cardstock alphabet stickers from the collection.


To finish I journaled the date at the bottom of the photos and spread white acrylic paint around. I hope you can see how easy it is to use the Storyteller collection for fall-themed projects. The colors are so bright and pretty, and it’s easy to mix and match the papers with the embellishments! Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful scrappy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment