Playing with circles | Crate Paper DT layout


Hi Everyone! I'm sharing a super easy and quick layout inspiration with you today.  This time I tried to feature some of my favorite techniques on one layout. Layering, stitching, fussy cutting, fringes, and shaker pockets have been definitely my preferred techniques whenever I create. I used the stunning Sweet Story collection by Maggie Holmes, I love the colors and florals, they are so beautiful and would be perfect to use for all kinds of summertime occasion.

I started my layout with die cutting large circles using my die cut machine. Patterned papers are always one of my favorite things in any collection, and I like to use as many patterns as possible! I chose a pretty pink cardstock as my background, and I layered the circles to the center. I love how layering adds dimension and interesting look to my pages!


I printed out my photo, and die-cut in a circle as well. I placed my photo to the top row and started to decorate the circles with different techniques. First, I grabbed a lot of sequences and beads, and I stitched them to the patterned paper circles. They are so playful and add a nice shine to my layout. Next, I fussy cut a heart shape from a purple circle and backed it with a piece of acetate sheet. I spread sequences behind the acetate and machine stitched together with a second patterned paper circle. I highlighted the edges with gold glitter paint.


I enjoyed so much decorating those circles with pretty stickers and ephemera pieces. I added a fussy cut rose and bows, and placed a beautiful layered butterfly to the circles. I stitched the circles to the background paper and adhered the ‘sunshine + smiles’ title to the bottom as a finishing touch.


Thanks for joining me today! I hope you’re all inspired to create with this gorgeous collection and try out new techniques!

Supplies: Maggie Holmes | Sweet Story collection | Sparkle (373137), Sprinkles (373144), Taffy (373073), Parfait (373140), Posies (373081), Sweetest (373136), Storytime (373072), Chipboard sticker (373150), Puffy bows (373152), Layered Butterflies stickers (373154)

No comments:

Post a Comment