Easter cards | Crate Paper DT



Hey everyone, it’s Bea Valint here with you today sharing a card inspiration as part of Easter week on the Crate Paper blog. Like many others in the world, this year we celebrate Easter at home in small family circle. I felt that creating handmade Easter cards was the best way to send a little love to other family members who cannot join us.

My idea was to create a card with a tiny basket on the front. This way I can put a little surprise into the basket, and write a message inside the card.



I chose the adorable Magical Forest collection for my project. This collection has beautiful, fresh colors and contains a lot of darling bunny embellishments, perfect to use for an Easter themed project. To create the card base, I trimmed down the patterned paper into 8.5x5.5” and folded in half.
Next, I trimmed down another patterned paper into 6.5x3” and folded a half basket shape. To create the handle, I adhered a paper stripe to the top of the basket. I attached the half basket to the front of the card using double-sided tape.


Next, I fussy cut three bunnies from the Critters patterned paper and arranged them to the center of the baskets. I can’t resist adding those beautiful ribbon bows to the baskets, they are just perfect to embellish these special cards. I added stickers or ephemera pieces next to the bunnies as a finishing touch.


I put flat chocolate surprises into the baskets placed the cards into handmade envelopes and sent them to my family members who cannot join us this year. These cards were super easy to create, and I hope they make my loved ones happy.


I hope you all have an eggcellent Easter weekend and make sure to pop back to the blog this week to see some Easer projects from the rest of the team! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Magical Forest collection | Childhood (351000), Critters (350998), Always (351002), Wildflower (351003), Meadow (350999), Sunlight (350996), Stickers (351012), Fabric Bows (351017), Sticker Book (351020), Ephemera Pack (351022)

No comments:

Post a Comment