Home decoration with Magical Forest collection | Crate Paper DT



Hi, Ladies! I'm here with my very first project using the ah-dorable Magical Forest collection by Crate Paper! To be honest, I couldn’t be more excited about this collection! The papers are so bright and fun, and it’s made for feminine and masculine layouts! This is perfect for me since we have three boys and a girl! I love these types of collections. But there are other fun ways you could use them too. This time, I decided to create a home decoration that is perfectly usable as an organizer.

Do you remember the ‘Snail Mail’ pockets we sent to our creative friends to brighten their days? They were so popular projects and I loved to create them. This time I was inspired by those tiny packages, I just altered the pockets and enlarged the base to fit the empty space on my daughter’s wall.
I started my project by cutting out the big heart base and the two pockets from patterned paper. I wanted to be sure that the pockets are strong enough to hold notebooks and journals, so I adhered the heart to a heavy cardstock base and stitched fabric pieces to the back of the pockets.


Next, I machine stitched the pockets to the heart base, and added a ribbon to the top.


Magical Forest collection is jam-packed with adorable stickers and I couldn’t resist adding that pretty girl sticker to the bottom of the heart. I then arranged the ‘Let’s Play’ title above the girl using the beautiful gold Alphabet stickers from the collection.


I filled the pockets with tiny envelopes, mini albums, notebooks, and cards to inspire my daughter to get creative and play!




If you haven’t had the chance to check out Magical Forest collection then make sure you join us on the blog! The design team is bringing lots of inspiration your way!

Supplies: Magical Forest collection | Childhood (351000), Critters (350998), Always (351002), Wildflower (351003), Park Alphas (351009), Stickers (351012), Fabric Bows (351017), Wood Clothes Pins (351018), Sticker Book (351020), Ephemera Pack (351022)

No comments:

Post a Comment