2 layouts with Field Trip collection | American Crafts DT


Hey, everybody! Let me share with you today two layout inspirations using the new Field Trip collection by Shimelle and American crafts. This unique line is so bright and fun with the traditional color palette and adorable embellishments. It is a perfect collection to create boy themed layouts or just document sweet childhood memories.



I have seen the 'Forget Princess, I want to be an Astronaut' sentiment on the T-shirt some months ago, and I  immediately knew that I had to create a layout with this title! Because it fits my daughter perfectly :) 


I started my layout by choosing a dark patterned paper as my background and dropped white acrylic paint around to imitate the space. Then I mixed and matched alphabet stickers from the collection to create the bold title. 


I arranged two photos of my daughter under the title and created two clusters next to them On the left side, I turned some label stickers into a signpost and placed it into the hand of a sticker astronaut. On the other side I used fussy cut leaves and stickers to create the cluster. I added handstitched details to finish.


I think this collection is all about to celebrate childhood and children. So I decided to create a layout together with my daughter, and instead of documenting a meaningful moment, we just enjoyed the creative process. I involved her in every step from hand stitching to painting. 


The process was really easy, we started off with creating the handstitched background, and then we fussy cut a bunch of hearts from patterned papers. Kitti adorbs the new Moxy glittered papers, so she also added some sparkling hearts.


 I hope you enjoyed to see my layout inspirations today! Have a nice, crafty day!



No comments:

Post a Comment