Tag mini album tutorial | American Crafts DT


Hey everyone! Tag albums are my go-to when I want a mini album to come together quick and easy. They are cute, playful and it’s easy to enlarge them with additional pages.

I always start by deciding the theme of the mini-album. The theme determines the style and the color scheme of the pages. This time I chose ‘Beautiful Autumn’ as my subject, and I decided to use the new Slice of life collection by Amy Tangerine. This collection is perfect for any fall-themed project! The patterned papers are so bright and pretty, and I just love the adorable acorn and leaf stickers with all the fall-themed embellishments!
Next step was to pick up the patterned papers that fitted my color scheme. I trimmed them down to 3.5x4.5” then I turned them into tag or banner shape. The banner punch board by WRMK saved me a lot of time.


Then, I machine stitched along the edges and punched holes in the middle of the pages. I protected the holes using eyelets or a piece of paper ring I punched using hole reinforcer.


Now it’s time adding photos to the pages. I printed me photos at home, and then tried to figure out the perfect embellishing and placement of them.


Then came the embellishing. I went through the album pages and added stickers, die-cuts, pockets, fussy cut pieces that made the album unique and fun. I used them repeatedly to create a cohesive look.


Journaling was one of the last steps. I added pages with journaling tags and handwritten my comments. Once I was done, I just gather all the pages together and bound them with a metal ring.



I also created some filler pages, with machine stitching and embellishing but without photos. Those are actually my favorite!






I love getting our photos off the computer and into something that can be touched and flipped through!  I hope you are inspired to document your memories into a tag mini album! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Amy Tangerine | Slice of Life collection: Knit Wit (354144), Falling for you (354155), Bold Moves (354148), In a twist (354140), Spotted here (354138), Bamboo Blues (354151), Pink Lemonade (354154), My Town (354137) Ephemera (354160), Glitter sticker (354167), Washi tape (354169), Embossed Puffy Sticker (354166), Puffy Stickers (354165), Foam alphabet stickers (354163)








No comments:

Post a Comment