Cards with Willow collection | American Crafts DT


Hey everyone! It’s Bea here with you today sharing a card-trio featuring the new and amazing Willow collection! I don’t know about you, but I will admit that I squealed with delight when I saw this collection. Not only the warm, natural colors, the marvelous floral and landscape patterns are amazing, but the heartwarming phrases and the special rose gold foil accent make the whole collection outstanding.

As my first project with Willow collection, I decided to create 3 cards, and because everything was beautifully coordinated in the collection, they came together effortlessly!
For the first card, I chose pink, red and burgundy color scheme, and trimmed my card base from the Simple Pleasures patterned paper. Then, I gathered embellishments and selected the items that fit the color scheme and the theme of my card.


First, I placed an ephemera piece with a phrase to the right side and added a tag next to it. Then I adhered the ‘full of joy’ title to the front using foam tape to add a more dimension. I decorated my card with a beautiful ephemera butterfly and a flower sticker. My favorite embellishments from the Willow collection are the unique rose gold charms. I couldn’t resist adding one of them with the JOY caption to the tag on my card. The tiny pink enamel dots were the perfect finishing touch, they fitted perfectly to the round embellishments.  


To create the next card, I covered the top of the Posies patterned paper with vellum. I machine stitched along the edges with gold thread before adhering. Then, I created a cluster using ephemera pieces and confetti sticker.


I also added gold machine stitching to the floral die cut and to the front ephemera piece. The tiny enamel dots reflect beautifully the shine of the gold stitching.


My final card began with a base of the Lush patterned paper which I covered with a piece of vellum. I then layered over smaller pieces of patterned paper and clustered some of the adorable bird die cuts with floral stickers and the ‘refresh’ ephemera piece. I placed green enamel dots to both sides of the title and painted gold dots to the background using glitter glue.


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope I have been able to show you how easy it is to create cards using the Willow collection.

Supplies: Willow collection| Lush (356070), Posies (356076), Simple Pleasures (356080), Cardstock Stickers (356083), Ephemera (356087), Enamel Dots (356088), Metal Charms (356089)






1 comment: