Interactive cards | Crate Paper DT



Hey Crate Paper fans, its Bea here with you today sharing a trio of interactive cards using the incredibly pretty All Heart collection. The beautiful colors and fun embellishments make so easy to create girly, everyday cards!

I enjoy so much making cards with unique openings or designs. I feel like it makes the card very interesting and stands out from the store-bought cards. My three cards based around the same technique.


First I trimmed 2 pieces of pattern paper to 4.5”x4.5”. Then I die cut heart, circle or square shapes from them in different sizes. Next, I trimmed a background paper to 4.8”x4.5” and folded 0.15” from both edges on the longer side.  I attached the die-cut papers to the background using double-sided tape.  


I folded the die-cut papers to the background, first the one with the smaller die-cut shape and the one with the bigger die-cut shape to the front.



To embellish the cards I used tiny stickers and ephemera pieces. I adhered only the half of the stickers to the card and backed the other half with patterned paper which I fussy cut around. This technique results in a really fun effect on the opened cards! To add a title to my cards, I placed fun sentiments to the background from the chipboard or cardstock sticker sheet.



Depending on the design, the cards could open vertically or horizontally. I jazzed up my cards with stitching paper tassel and charm to the opening. I love the way the cards came out with all the dimension and playful look!


I really hope you got inspired to create some cute interactive cards with the stunning All Heart collection. Until next time, happy crafting!

Supplies: All Heart collection | Paper Tassels (350862), Cardstock Stickers (350860), Chipboard stickers (350858), Charms (350861), Hustle (350844), Wallflower (350848), Rose (350852), Be You (350850) Clear sticker book (350965), Puffy stickers (350863)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your instructions Bea :D This collection was perfect for layering. So fun <3

    ReplyDelete