Art Journal pages with Paper Fashion collection | American Crafts DT



Hey, friends, I’m so excited to be sharing my latest project using fun mixed media supplies from the new Paper Fashion collection by American Crafts. The gorgeous paints, brushes, tools, and papers bring out the talented artist within everybody and make the creating process easy and joyful! If you are a friend of mixed media techniques, Paper Fashion collection is just made for you!
I thought I would kick things off with a classic art journal page, one of my favorite mixed media project! To do that, I grabbed my Vicki Boutin Junque Journal and took a pair of watercolor paper. 


I started my pages by drawing a floral pattern using a pencil. I didn’t have any special plan, I just used my imagination to design the pattern. Then, I put a little gouache on the paint palette from every color of the paint set. I added white paint to each of them. I enjoyed so much experimenting with the paints and mixing new colors and shades.


On the next page, I started with stamping the ‘believe in yourself’ sentiment to the center, using my Kelly Creates stamp. Then, I painted flowers around the stamp and left white space around. I machine stitched colorful paper stripes to the edges as a finishing touch.



Thanks for joining me today and I hope you’re inspired to get creative with Paper Fashion collection and fill your art journal pages with flowing images.

Supplies: Paper Fashion Gouache Paint (349304), Brush set (349317), Paper Fashion brush vase (349321), Paper Fashion paint palette (349318), Vicki Boutin Junque Journal (343927), Kelly Creates stamp set (351377)


No comments:

Post a Comment