Snail Mail Cards | American Craft DT


Its Snail Mail week on the America Crafts blog and I created two cards inspired by the theme.  I used the new and ah-mazing It’s All Good collection by Dear Lizzy. I have embraced the fun playful theme of the collection and tried to create a bright and fun card-duo to match.

My snail mail cards comprise three parts.


The base of the cars is an 8.5x5.5” sized patterned paper, which I folded in half to get a vertical base.  I machine stitched a small pocket to the inner side of the card to hold the little presents I wanted to send to my friends. I also attached a bunch of tags using a decorative brad.


Next, I created a paper stripe to keep my card close. To do this, I trimmed and 3x11.5” paper piece, folded in three (to get a card-sized paper ring) and adhered the ends together. I embellished the paper stripe using layered stickers and ephemera pieces from the collection.


Of course, the last part of my snail mail card is the envelope. Thanks for my WRMK envelope punch board, I had envelopes in a minute that coordinated beautifully and fit the cards perfectly.


Let’s have a closer look at the cards! My first card is based around the ‘You’ patterned paper with the colorful stripes. I added a pink paper ring to keep it close, and adhered the ‘You’re my main squeeze’ sticker to the center. I fussy cut flowers from the gold foiled vellum and layered under the title. To finish my card I placed the beautiful rosette stickers to the bottom of my card. And how adorable the lil hedgehog? These cards were honestly so much fun to put together!


For the second card, I used mint patterned paper as my base and embellished with more masculine themed elements. I placed a red car ephemera piece to the bottom of the card and added the layered balloon stickers above.  The gold alphabet stickers look so pretty on the balloons! I placed a vellum flower behind them and added a decorative paper clip to finish.


Here are the cards together, what a perfect little card to send to a friend as a gift for an event or just without a special reason. It’s always nice to let someone know we care and thinking of them.

Supplies: Dear Lizzy | It’s All Good collection | Bloomed (348200), Easy as Pie (348198), Live Simply (348197), Be You (348190), Cardstock Stickers (348174), Layered Stickers (348178), Paper Clips (348177), Ephemera (348175), Vellum (348207)

No comments:

Post a Comment