Easter decoration | Crate Paper DT

Happy Easter, everyone! This week the highlighted theme on the Crate Paper blog is Easter! Easter means sunshine, flowers and a lot of family time for me. Egg painting and creating small home decorations are general Easter activities, what we love doing together with my kids.
This year we decided to create a colorful floral wreath using the beautiful Sunny Days collection by Maggie Holmes. The fresh colors and the cute embellishments in this collection are perfect for any spring themed decoration.


I started my project by creating a bunch of rolled flowers using my Silhouette Cameo. I tried to select patterned papers from every color to create a rainbow look. I cut a paper hoop from chipboard paper to hold the flowers. I used a shadow box to add a frame to my project and adhered the paper hoop on the top of the wood grid.


The stunning tissue paper flowers from the collection are nice complements to the rolled flowers in this project. I used my hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to the paper hoop. When finished, I arranged leaves and butterflies around the flowers from the sticker sheets.


I used black alphabet stickers to add the ‘Happy Easter’ title to the center of the wreath.


On top of the wreath, I added a striped fabric bow with a charm. So pretty! To finish my project, I adhered rhinestones around the wreath. I just love the nice shine of them!

 I hope you enjoyed this Easter decoration idea and I have inspired you to make something like this using the Sunny Days collection to decorate your home!

Supplies: Sunny Days collection | Parasol (350789). Apple Blossom (350786), Sun Kissed (350782), Splendor (350775), Seaside (350773), Happy Place (350772), Fabric Bows (350813), Rhinestones (350811), Charms (350810), Cardstock stickers (350803), Ephemera (350802), Chipboard stickers (350801), Puffy Thickers (350800), Puffy Alpha stickers (350798) Paper flowers (350812)




No comments:

Post a Comment