Romantic tag mini album with S.W.A.K - American Crafts DT


Last week I looked through all of my mini albums and instantly felt the desire to create another one... luckily I had the new Color Kaleidoscope collection by Vicki Boutin on my table, and I immediately fell in love with all the vintage and colorful papers and embellishments.


My plan was to create a romantic mini album using a lot of vellum and tags. To do that, I created a simple cover using patterned paper and vinyl in size 8"x4.25". The vinyl helped me to strengthen the spine of the album. 


 Next, I folded a 12"x4" paper stripe in four to create an accordion base. I adhered vellum envelopes to each page to hold the tags. 



Next, I trimmed tags from the 'ready-to-use' Watercolor paper, I added an interesting coat using stencil and structure paste and embellished them with stickers and ephemera pieces.  


To give a special, romantic touch to my album, I created unique embellishments with the new S.W.A.K. wax seal kit from American Crafts. It was really easy to use! First, I dropped the melted wax to baking paper. Then, I carefully blow out the wax stick. While the wax was still melted, I pushed the wooden handle with the metal head into the center. I created three seals in different colors.



Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a crafty International Scrapbooking Day tomorrow!!

3 comments: