Holiday Layout | America Crafts DT


Hello, Ladies! I'm up on the American Crafts blog to share a Holiday – themed layout inspiration! Even though American Crafts doesn’t have a dedicated Christmas collection this year, there are plenty of versatile supplies over the brand to do the job! I looked for a green-red-gold color scheme for my layout, and I was so glad when I found this classic color scheme in the new Head in the Clouds collection by Shimelle.

I started my layout with cutting a Christmas wreath from white cardstock using my Cameo. Then, I backed each of the leaves and berries with patterned papers.


I chose the ‘Bloom in Adversity’ paper as my background. I cut out a circle from the center of the paper using a cutting machine and backed the circle with a shaker background. To create the shaker pocket, I drew the big circle to a white cardstock, spread star sequences and placed a vellum to the top. I machine stitched the papers together. Then, I adhered the shaker pocket to the back of the green striped paper.


I added the ‘Believe in magic’ title using glittered foam stickers from the collection. I love to use round photos on my layouts, and this time my idea was to turn the round photo into a Christmas ornament. To do that, I cut a circle out of gold glittered paper from the 12x12 paper pad, and placed behind my photo. I also cut a hanger from the paper and used thread to ‘hang’ the ornament. And you can’t have a Christmas layout without a little bling so I couldn’t resist placing some more of the glittered stickers around the wreath. This helped add some more sparkle to the page.


For a finishing touch, I die cut a bow from the red ’She’s a Wildflower’ paper and placed the bow to the top of the wreath. So pretty!


I hope you’ve been inspired today to use collections in a different way! What can you create with the Head in the Clouds or with any other American Crafts collections that are outside the box?

Supplies: Head in the Clouds collection: She’s a Wildflower (349480), Counting Wishes (351085), 12x12 paper pad (349470), foam glitter sticker (349463).




No comments:

Post a Comment