Gift wrapping ideas with Merry Days collection | Crate Paper DT



Hello everyone! Its Bea here today, and I’m sharing some fun gift wrapping ideas using the beautiful Merry Days collection by Crate Paper. Creating pretty packaging has always been a favorite craft time for me in December! I believe adding handmade touches to any present makes it even more special.



Due to Merry Days collection has gift wrap papers and tags, it’s pretty easy to create fancy packaging for the presents! I always start my process by gathering all the supplies I need. Wrapping papers, ribbons, washi tapes, ephemera pieces, stickers, pom-pom maker and more…


My packaging process was mostly the same for each box, I just changed the color scheme or the materials. Ones I had everything I needed, I covered the presents with wrapping paper and tied around with ribbon, raffia or thread.  


I then created tags to go with them. For the pink wrapping paper, I chose dark green patterned paper with touches of red. I cut a banner and layered cardstock sticker with a red sticker label on the top. The white pom-pom is a cute addition on the design, and it can be used as an ornament after opening the gift.


For the next package, I went with red patterned paper against the blue wrapping paper. The red car tag is just too cute, I added it to the top of the layered red banner. The fussy cut branch was the perfect finishing touch.


I have one more packaging idea for you today! Around this time of the year, I love to surprise my colleagues, teachers etc. with handmade presents too.  This year, I decided to give these cute little house boxes filled with handmade chocolate, and I hope they will like them!


These boxes are very easy and fast to assemble. They are opening on the top, and the best thing is when the chocolate was gone, the little house becomes a cute Christmas ornament!

Here is the template of the gift box.


All you need to do is download and print out the template, cut around the shapes and draw around on patterned paper. Next step is folding the edges and adhere the parts with double-sided tape. Visit Crate Paper Instagram Stories to see the full tutorial.




Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you felt inspired by these simple and easy packaging ideas and will give it a try!

Supplies: Merry Days collection: Frosty Day (344496), Mistletoe (344498), Merrily (344497), Stockings (344499), Twelve day (344501), Tinsel (344502), Peace (2344503), Printed vellum (344506), Chipboard stickers (344509), Fabric buttons (344523), Decorative Clips (344513), Hanging Stars (344511), Ephemera pack (344521), Gold thicker stickers (344507), Tag Kit (344517), Waterfall stickers (344515), Washi tape (344516)



1 comment: