Layout with Head In the Clouds collection | American Crafts DT



Hey everyone! Its Bea here and I’m so excited to share my first layout made with the new Head in the Clouds collection by Shimelle. This new line is so sweet and pretty, perfect for many themes and the cute images make everything magical!
The first thing that caught my eye in this collection was the beautiful flower images. The roses on the ‘Moonlight and Roses’ paper are just begging to be fussy cut out so I grabbed scissors and fussy cut out all the gorgeous flowers.  I wanted to document my recent favorite photo of my daughter and me, and I was very happy when I found out that the pink roses fit perfectly fit my pink dress!


I chose the ‘Fairy Tale Photos’ paper as my background and arranged my photo to the center. Then I scattered the roses all around the page and adhered them using dimensional adhesive. To add more interest, I grabbed my fringe scissors with white tissue paper and layered fringes behind the photo.  I used my silver Moxy glitter glue to add sparkling details to some roses.


There are many fairy tale images in this collection like mermaids and dragons. I couldn’t resist adding that cute frog sticker to my layout, he’s so sweet in his gold crown! I also adhered glittered dots around the sticker, they are just breathtaking, don’t you think?


I felt I needed to add a frame to my page so I adhered a piece of washi tape to the bottom and hand stitch through the edges on the top and the left side of the layout. I also added white and rose beads to my stitching, I just love the dimension they added.


I finished my layout with adding the ‘Adventure’ ephemera piece as my title to the top right corner.   


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I could inspire you to create your next scrapbooking project with the new Head in the Clouds collection. Happy crafting! 






No comments:

Post a Comment