First pages with Journal Studio collection | American Crafts DT


Hello, everyone! This week is all about showcasing the new Journal Studio line on the American Crafts blog and I couldn’t be more excited about that! These notebook planners have smooth, bright colored journal cover with an elastic closure and various graphic inserts! Inserts and accessories are all designed to match – including puffy stickers, paper clips, ephemera, washi tape, pens and sticker book!

I started to keep my notebook planner on the first week of November! Beginning a new month means a lot of fresh goals and plans for me, so I decided to create a ‘weekly plan’ layout gathering the most important goals, dates, and events of the first week of the month!


On the left side, I created a bullet list to gather my plans and main goals. Then I drew 7 squares, one for each day, and adhere to the names of the days to the top of the squares using stickers from the sticker book.


The new WRMK Journal Guide helped me to add circle frame to the title and to create squares in no time! I decorated the bottom of the page with fussy cut leaves from the Shine On collection. I love the fact that these notebooks and embellishments match perfectly with other American Crafts collections, and its super easy to incorporate the embellishment pieces!


On the right side of the notebook, I featured the most important event of the month, and that’s my daughter’s birthday! I placed her photo to the bottom of the page and adhered a ‘To do list” sticker behind. I placed a text bubble ephemera next to her photo and added BDay Girl sentiment.


To add a touch of fun for my page, I grabbed my phone and searched for a fox drawing (fox is my daughter’s favorite animal).  I’ve found a cute fox image in my Silhouette Studio Library. I definitely wanted to try out the WRMK new Magic Journal Reflector, so I put my phone with the fox to the white plastic board, and attached the clear board to the base. I looked through the clear plastic board, and the fox appeared on the other side, on my paper. It was so fun drawing and coloring the cute fox, and I love that I could personalize my layout perfectly!!!



One more TIP: add more pockets to your notebook using pattern papers! Please tell me, I’m not the only one who always feels that ‘I can’t get enough pockets in my journal’!  To create more space for photos, lists, and memorabilia, I trimmed a pattern paper into 7.50”x12” and folded in half. Then, I folded up the bottom by 4” and removed the corners of the pockets. You can machine stitch through the center and the edges, or add handstitched lines like I did.




I hope you are as excited as I am about the release of Journal Studio and I can’t wait to see what you create with! Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderfully scrappy week!


Supplies: Journal Studio Heart Journal Kit (349457), Dream Paper Clips (349452), Good Vibes Ephemera (349449), Dreams Journal Insert (349446), Sticker Book (349462) / We R Memory Keepers Magnetic Alphabet Stencil (660445),  Magic Journal Reflector (660451), Jornal Guide (662042), Book Binding Guide (660443)

No comments:

Post a Comment