Halloween Shadow Box | Crate Paper DT

Hello, Ladies! Are you ready for Halloween? I’m so excited to share a fun shadow box inspiration here and on the Crate Paper blog! Even though Crate Paper doesn’t have a dedicated Halloween collection, there are plenty of versatile supplies over the brand to do the job!
The base of the shadow box is 100% handmade. I altered a wood frame with adding wood dividers and painted them with grey acrylic paint. The inner slats are removable, so I can also use the frame to the original function.

I started my process with filling the little windows using patterned papers. I picked up black and white, orange and peach patterned papers from Willow Lane and Flourish collection. 


I trimmed the papers down to size and tucked them inside the openings. Next, I added the ‘Best Witches’ title using the Picnic Alphabet stickers to the top.  And aren’t those gold letters perfect for Halloween titles?!


Once I added the photos, I started to fill all the empty space with black, gold and orange embellishment to coordinate with the papers. I kept the design clean and simple and added extra details with machine stitching and die-cut shapes. Each embellishment was in its own tiny window and as a whole, they came together beautifully.


I decided to add a hidden journaling to the top left window. To do this, I altered the black pom-pom frame and adhered to the background. I placed a journaling card to the center of the frame and added a folding flap using gold pattern paper. I used the orange thread bow to decorate the top, just perfect for Halloween!



Creating a shadow box project is an easy and fun way to document special memories like Halloween! I hope you enjoyed reading about my process. I’m looking forward to sharing more with you! Have a lovely day! 

Supplies: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Willow Lane – Kind Heart (344467), 6x8Paper Pad (344491),  12x12 Paper Pad (344492), Foam Thickers (344487), Cardstock Stickers (344485), Pom-pom frames (344483), Chipboard Stickers (344484), Picnic Alphabet (344489), Thread bows (344470), Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Flourish Collection – 12x12 Paper Pad (344383), Stand-outs (344396), Gold Puffy Thickers (344388)

No comments:

Post a Comment