December Days album | Crate Paper DT


Hey everyone! Today I'm sharing my new project with the gorgeous Merry Days collection. December is the most wonderful time of the year, and I love to document those cozy days in a mini album.
Since December is full of programs, I used to prepare the base of the album in advance.
First, here is a video so you can see a flip through of the album base and then the basic assembly of the cover and the pages:


This year I chose a traditional form for my album. The size of the cover is 6.50”x8.50” which I build using chipboard paper and fabric.  I decorated the front with journaling card and placed beautiful gold spine branch stickers behind. I placed the cute red car from the cardstock sticker sheet to the wreath and also added the red star decorative clip. I love the hanging stars in this collection, and can’t resist stitching a smaller one to the spine of the album with a red paper label. Just perfect!




I created a vellum pocket to the inner cover. I printed a ‘December Photo a Day’ list and placed the list into the pocket with some tags. It will be a helpful reminder to document all the important details of the season.


To attach the pages to the spine, I use the hidden hinges technique. I divided the hinges into two-part, and attach two 4”x6” pages to both of them. I enjoy so much decorating this paper size, and I have enough pages to document even every day in December! 



To add more pages and interest to the album, I attach additional pages to the basic page. To do this I used various materials like vellum, tulle, and papers.


I like writing long-long stories about my children, so I created pockets from the base pages – I adhered only three edges and left the top open - and put journaling cards inside. I trimmed the Stockings cut apart sheet into pieces and attached the date to the journaling cards using a sampler.



Merry Days collection has many gorgeous and festive ephemera pieces which are perfect for adding to the album as a tiny extra page. I used a piece of cardstock to attach a gold glittered card, isn’t it just so pretty?




I like the fact the whole album is very interactive and possibilities are endless if I want to expand it! I can attach more additional pages, adhere envelopes, die-cuts, shaker cards, etc. to the base. I can decorate the pages with stitching, add sequences, or heat embossing. Photos can be added not only to the pages, but even to the journaling cards or I just put them into the pockets if I don’t want to display all of them.





Thanks for stopping by today, I can’t wait to show you my finished album at the end of December! I hope you’re inspired to create your own December Days album this Christmas!

Supplies: Merry Days collection: Frosty Day (344496), Mistletoe (344498), Merrily (344497), Stockings (344499), Twelve day (344501), Tinsel (344502), Peace (2344503), Printed vellum (344506), Chipboard stickers (344509), Fabric buttons (344523), Decorative Clips (344513), Hanging Stars (344511), Ephemera pack (344521), Gold thicker stickers (344507), Tag Kit (344517), Waterfall stickers (344515), Washi tape (344516)









1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. This is absolutely darling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete