Two ways to use chipboard stickers | Crate Paper DT


Hello everyone! It’s Bea here with you today sharing two different ways to use chipboard stickers in mini album projects!
Chipboard stickers are one of my favorite embellishment and I feature them regularly on my scrapbooking project. Due to the size of these stickers, using them in mini albums can be challenging sometimes. Let me show you my favorite types of mini album where you can use chipboard stickers without being your album too bulky.


In my first project, I used the blue house from the Willow Lane chipboard sticker sheet as the base of my album and created a tiny Coptic book. The chipboard stickers are hard enough to become a perfect cover for a Coptic book and I love the cute house pages!  
I started my album with trimming the pages and the back cover. I used the negative part of the sticker as a template.


To create the pages, I placed the template on the top of a half-folded patterned paper and cut around the shapes.  I stacked the 8 pages with the covers on the top of each other. Using a ruler, I marked the place of the stitching with a pencil. I used an awl to make holes through the pages where I have marked with the pencil. I grabbed a colored thread and started to stitch together the pages. There are a lot of video tutorials about this technique on YouTube (I've learned from this video), I encourage you to give a try!



My second inspiration came from a previous mini album I created. I used the beautiful swan chipboard as the main focus element on my mini album page.  When I use chipboard stickers as embellishment, I make sure that I use bookbinding rings to put together the pages. This way the album becomes more flexible and the pages hold the wider gap between each other. Find more details about this mini album here


Thanks for joining me today, I hope you’re all inspired to use the gorgeous chipboard stickers in your next project! Happy crafting!

Supplies: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Willow Lane - Sweet One (344453), Flutter (344450), Frolic (344451), 12x12 Paper Pad (344492), Die-Cuts (344486), Chipboard Stickers (344484), Cardstock Stickers (344485), Puffy Stickers (344482)

No comments:

Post a Comment