Fall layout with Goldenrod collection | American Crafts DT


Autumn is one of my favorite season of the year! From the boots to the leaves, I love it all. It’s just so warm and cozy, kind of like this layout I recently made!

When I started my layout, I was immediately drawn to the dark blue Midnight patterned paper from the new Goldenrod collection by 1 Canoe 2. I thought it would be a really interesting background for a page, but I wasn’t sure how best I could use it. In most cases, I start my layouts with light-colored papers, so using dark pattern paper background is a really daunting task for me! I’m so happy that I stepped out of my comfort zone!


I decided to layer a bunch of colorful fall leaves on the dark background. To do this I grabbed yellow and orange patterned papers and cut leaves using my Cameo. I stitched through the leaves with gold thread and fold up the edges to add dimension.


I placed the photo to the center and arranges all the pretty leaves around. I love how the colors popped! The ‘Sweet Days’ title came from the Phrases thicker sheet, they match perfectly to the color scheme!


For embellishing, I fussy cut the pear - with the ‘Find joy in the everyday’ sentiment - from the 6x6 paper pad and adhered to the left side of the photo. I also fussy cut tags from the cut-apart sheet, attached them using a wood clothespin and placed under the pear. In the end, I added pretty stickers and scattered gold sequences and tiny hearts from the thicker sheet.


This is such a departure from my usual style, but I’m so happy with the way this turned out! I hope this inspires you to try something new with your favorite collection. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 1 Canoe 2 – Goldenrod Collection: Midnight (350325), Meadow Floral (350319), Lemonade (350315), Golden Quotes (350322), Waves of Grain (350320), 6x6 Paper Pad (350328), Phrases Thicker (350330), Clothespins (350416)

No comments:

Post a Comment