Halloween Party Invitation cards | American Crafts DT


Hello, Ladies! Halloween night is just around the corner and if you’re like me, you find handmade invitation cards for the Halloween party as necessary as the spooky decoration! I can’t imagine a more stylish way to invite our friend for a fun and Fa-BOO-lous Night!
With the theme ‘Halloween’ in mind, I think orange-grey-black color scheme so the Shine On collection from Amy Tangerine was just perfect! I decided to make the same base with the same design elements for all cards. When I need to create more cards in the same style, I used to call my die-cut machine to help.


First, I trim the base of the A2 card from pattern papers and cut out an oval using my cutting machine.  I backed the front of the card with patterned paper. I added a scallop frame and some simple banners to add more interest to my cards.


When I finished with the base of the cards, I grabbed embellishment pieces from the collection that matched my color scheme. I chose the black foam alphabet stickers to add ‘Party’, ‘Join Us’ or ‘BOO’ title for my cards. I used a lot of black flower stickers from the sticker book and adhered them behind orange flower die cuts and suede flowers. The pretty gold and black leather bows were the perfect finishing touch.


Of course, an invitation card isn’t complete without an envelope. I love the look of my cards so much and didn’t want to hide them, so I decided to create transparent envelopes. I used clear plastic and my envelope punch board to create the base of the envelope. I added black stitched details using my stitching machine. To adhere the edges I added the thin and super sticky red tape right under the stitching lines.  I had envelopes in minutes that fit the cards perfectly!


Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope I could inspire you to create some fun invitation cards in no time! Be sure to check back in for the remainder of Halloween Party week to see what the other American Crafts team members have created!

Supplies: Shine On Collection: Ambitious (348238), Breath (348225), Harmony (348237), Bouquet (348233), Thickers (348249), Faux Suede Flowers (348257), Mini Faux Leather Bows (348256), Mini Inflated Ephemera (348252), Twilight Foam Alpha Stickers (348248), Sticker Book (348254) – Clear Plastic (346576)





No comments:

Post a Comment