Favorite technique | American Crafts DT

 

Hey everyone, its Bea here with you today sharing two cards featuring one of my favorite technique: monochromatic! Creating with just one color is always so fun and easy! Once you bring in all the papers, embellishments and different tints, tones, and shades of a single color, they all work together to create a pretty monochromatic project!
I decided to create two cards with this technique, they are very similar, just used a different color palette.
To create the background, I started with adding a coat to my white card base using Vicki Boutin acrylic paint. For both cards, I mixed two shades of one color and tried to reach an interesting, rustic surface. Once they dried, I added more pattern using Ink Spill stencil from the Field Notes collection. I used the color wheel stamp pad and a blending tool to get beautiful and bright colors. Finally, I added tiny white details using the stencil and white gesso.


When I had finished the background, I gathered ephemera pieces and stickers from the same color palette that I used on my cards. I love the handwritten ephemera pieces from the Field Notes collection and I added them as a title to my cards. I arranged the ephemera pieces around the title and adhered them using foam tape.


I felt I needed a little bit more white pattern to my cards, so I embossed leaves and butterflies on vellum using the Shine and the Escape stamp set and white embossing powder. I fussy cut them and added to my cards.


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope I have been able to show you how easy it is to create a monochrome project using mixed media products and Field Notes collection.

Supplies: Field Notes Collection – Ink spill stencils (346545) / Die-cuts (346543) / Puffy stickers (346540) / Multi chipboard stickers (346541) / Chipboard stickers (346542), Shine Stamp Set (346544) / Escape stamp set (346580), All The Good Things Collection – Acrylic paint Set 2 (343905) / Acrylic Paint Set 3 (343906) / White Gesso (343912) /Stamp Pad (376803)

No comments:

Post a Comment