DIY Pinboard | American Crafts DT



Hello, friends! I'm back with some fun and useful home decoration today. I don't know about you, but I love surrounding myself with DIY projects in my craft room. I can customize them perfectly to my room's color scheme or the current season!
First, I played with the new DIY Shop Cork Tiles from American Crafts. When I saw these cute pentagon tiles, I immediately wanted to paint them! There are two tiles in one package so I could try two different designs on them! To start, I added a coat them with white and yellow acrylic paint. I let them dry and repeated the process again. For the pineapple, I drew the line with brown paint and created a 'crown' using patterned paper. At the other, I used masking tape to create stripes and painted the whole tile with black paint. I let it dry and I removed the tape stripes.


The second project I created for my room was a picture with a short reminder... Be brave! I can't say this often enough to myself! I grabbed a fancy pink frame which I backed with patterned paper. To create the words I used 3 different colored vinyl, and cut the words using my cutting machine.



  I placed my colorful decor pieces to my new glowing pinboard what I created using the Poster Shop Clear Light Strand Set. I adhered the Cloud poster to a foam board and punched holes with a wood stick. I put the lights into the holes. I used the tiny light bulbs for hanging my notes, washi tapes, and some other things. I just love how this pinboard turned out and became my new favorite decoration.



Thank you for stopping by! Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment