Flip book tutorial | Crate Paper DT


Hi Ladies! Have you ever been to a craft club at your friends or host a crop yourself? One of my favorite things in the world is to get together with my girlfriends and work on scrapbooks.
It's a great opportunity for friendly conversation, artistic inspiration, as well as a time to be productive. When I invite my friends to a crop, I always start with choosing the project we will create together. I usually choose something that doesn’t require special equipment or scrapbook supplies, and my guests can use their stash to create the project in your own style.
In my experience, the star of the scrapbooking clubs is always mini album! They are so fun to put together and when we are ready with the base, we could fill them with photos later at home.
This flip book is a good sample of our craft club projects.

To create this flap book, start with gathering the supplies you would like to use. I decided to use the beautiful Willow Lane collection and picked a cardstock, patterned papers, ephemera pieces and some standouts for my album.


Next, trim the cover and the pages. Use cardstock to create the cover. I used the gold foiled specialty cardstock from the collection, its strong enough to be used as a cover.  The size of the cover is 6x8½”. Fold the cover by 4 ½“ and 5 ¼ “.  Then trim 6 pieces of pattern paper for the pages in size 4x3”. Score every page by ¼” on the top. If you want to use ribbon to keep close your album, cut an extra piece of paper in size 4 ½x6”. Adhere this paper to the inside of the cover, and place the ribbon between them. Adhere the pages to the inside back of the cover. Use double sided tape on the top and align them underneath each other.


The right side of the album is so easy to create! The journaling ephemera pack contains pretty paper pockets which are perfect to create an interactive surface to your mini album. To add a touch of fun of my album, I folded in half a paper pocket and adhered horizontally into the album.


Finally, I spiced up the spine of the cover with washi tape and added a cute pom-pom from the standouts sheet.




I hope you enjoyed my flipbook tutorial, and I could inspire you to invite your friends and create a fun scrapbook project that makes the event something for your guests to remember.


Supplies: WILLOW LANE Collection - Card Stock (344469) / Flutter (344450) / Violet (344458) / Together (344465) / Happy Times (344463) / Spread Love (344454) / Willow (344462) / Journaling Ephemera (344474) / Die Cuts (344486) / Standouts (344475) / Washi Tapes (344480)

2 comments:

  1. lovely book!! Wish you had a tutorial video to see the detail a little better. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete