Field Notes layout | American Crafts DT


Hey everyone, I'm up on the American Crafts blog with my first project using the brand new Field Notes collection by Vicki Boutin. Everything about this collection is stunning! I love the rich and vibrant color palette and the floral elements are just divine! 
It all started with the Among the Wildflowers patterned paper. I LOVE flowers and wanted them to be the main focus of my layout. I fussy cut all the beautiful flowers and leaves and tried to find the best way to use them. The Choose to Shine patterned paper with the white flower wreath is so pretty, and I decided to go with that wreath design! I fussy cut the center of the wreath from the paper and started to layer all the beautiful flowers around.  I also added that beautiful water colored bird to the top left of the wreath isn’t that just amazing?!


I grabbed a piece of smooth white cardstock for the background and then used the Ink Spill Stencil and modeling paste to create a textured surface down the center. Once it dried I adhered the wreath using foam adhesive to the background.


I placed the photos of my daughter to the bottom of the wreath and arranged stickers and die cut next to them. The cardstock sticker sheet contains lovely banner stickers, I couldn’t resist adding one of them above the photos. So pretty!  To add more interest I tore the background paper in two places.


I used a “Smile” black sticker as my title and then added a date stamp to a journaling card on the left side of the photo. As a finishing touch, I added mini puffy stickers around the page.


Thanks for joining me today, I hope you’re all inspired to create with this gorgeous collection!


Supplies: Field Notes Collection – Among the wildflowers (348102) / Choose to shine (348104) / Die – cuts (346543) / Puffy stickers (346540) / Ink spill stencils (346545) / Multi chipboard stickers (346541) / Chipboard stickers (346542)

No comments:

Post a Comment