Journal organization tips | WRMK design team


 
Hi, We R Memory Keepers fans! It's Bea here today sharing a super quick and easy organization tip with you I apply regularly in my daily journal. 

It's important for me to keep my journal up to date. It's a kind of mixture of planner and diary, I document important information, memories as well as everyday stories, and I used to include daily to-do lists or reminders. Although I want to keep my personal stories, daily tasks are quickly taken out of the journal. That’s why I make colorful tags for these little notes that can be easily inserted and removed from the diary.

I used WRMK tag punch and banner punch to make the cards quickly and effortlessly. First I trimmed down color cardstock into 2x6 inches, and then I punched the top and the bottom of the tags. To keep them organized I hung them on a ring.

When I want to put a note in my diary, all I have to do is cut a note with scissors and put it on the disc. Voila!

I always use DIY journals I make for myself using disc power punch and patterned papers. I like to use colors and patterns appropriate to the season. Here is a video about the basic steps of assembling:

 The size of the journal is 4.25x6". I used stone paper and heavy cardstock to create the cover. Stone paper is the perfect base if you want to add mixed media to your project. I blended yellow and red ink and adhered stickers as the title.

I hope you like my DIY journal and tag inserts, and I could inspire you to create one for yourself. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: