DIY Organizer | Crate Paper DT




Happy New Year Crate Paper friends. We might already be a few days into 2020, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to start getting organized and planning our days a little better right now! After all, sometimes it takes a bit to settle into new routines that include things like New Year’s Resolutions. That’s why I start the year by creating a DIY organizer that will help me reach my maximum productivity potential in the coming year!
The size of the DIY organizer is 5x8.5 inches. To create the base, I trimmed down white cardstock into 17x5.5 inches and folded into seven parts. I added heavy cardstock cover to the cardstock base to make the organizer more permanent. I covered the pages with pattern papers from the lovely All Heart collection.


The organizer has four main parts. On both sides, I added a lot of pockets to hold notes and other important papers. On the right side of the center, I added a pocket for my DIY journal. On the right side, I inserted two bookbinding rings into the back cover to create a 2-ring binder with tab dividers. 


I used my Silhouette cutting machine to cut out varied tab dividers from patterned papers. Between the dividers, I added a bunch of copy paper to my binder.


An elastic band is always a good idea to keep your planner organized! I pierced holes on both sides of my page and pulled the elastic band through the holes. It perfectly keeps my notes in place in a clean and simple way. 


One of my favorite elements of the organizer is my DIY journal. I used the beautiful specialty paper with the holographic hearts from the collection to create the cover, and decorated the front with colorful cross-stitching.


On the backside of the pages, there is more space and pockets for notes!





So that’s it from me today! I hope my planner idea has inspired you to get that 2020 goals or resolution down and start 2020 well organized. Thanks for stopping by the blog today, Bea.

Supplies: All Heart collection | Your Heart (350854), Wild (350845), Collage (350841), Wallflower (350848), Paper Tassels (350862), Cardstock Stickers (350860), Chipboard stickers (350858), Charms (350861), Hustle (350844), Wallflower (350848), Be You (350850)

4 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your art, you are amazing! I want to try to make your mini album with the tags from last week as a card for my grandchildren. How do you join the paper to make it long enough to be the accordion please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tutorial would be great.!!!! It's so beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this planner wish I could see a tutorial of this. It looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete