Creative Cards | Crate Paper DT



Hello, Crate Paper fans! Its Bea here with you today sharing a new card-trio as part of the ‘creative cards’ week. For me, card making is like going on an adventure… You’ve got a certain plan in your head, but you don’t know how everything will turn out. I usually gather different papers and embellishments on my table and select the items that fit together because they have got matching colors, patterns or symbols.

This time, I chose the adorable La La Love collection to create with, and fussy cut a bunch of hearts, fruits, sentiments, and other cuties from pattern papers. My idea was to gather the embellishment pieces by themes and to layer all of them on my cards.


For all cards I began by choosing a patterned paper base from the 6x8 paper pad. I cut out the papers from the paper pad and folded them in half vertically to create an unusual card base.


Next, I strung every embellishment I gathered earlier with thread and attached them to the card base. I love how the embellishment pieces on the string add dimension and playfulness to the cards. I also placed beads and buttons between the papers to add more interest.


On my first card, I used my electric cutting machine to cut out tiny sunglasses. I applied tone on tone technique to decorate the sunglasses with sticker hearts. I mixed and matched puffy stickers and cardstock stickers to create the title. My next cards feature more intricate fussy cutting. On my third card, I was inspired by the cute cherry stickers from the collection to fussy cut more cherries and to create ‘heart cherries’ using stickers from the sticker sheet.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ve found some inspiration for creating Valentine cards with your favorite Crate Paper products!

Supplies: La La Love collection | Ephemera Pieces (344555), Small embellishments (344560), Puffy Stickers (344559), Sentiment Stickers (344558), Foam Glitter Stickers (344552), Heart You (344541), Heart Beat (344547), Sugar Sugar (344543), Bouquet (344545), In Love (344534)




1 comment: