Spring Cards | Crate Paper DT


Hello Ladies! Its Bea here with you today sharing two cards featuring the amazing Flourish collection within the Designer Destination program by JOANN. I don’t know about you but I love adding stitched details to my cards or scrapbook layouts. It gives a special handmade feeling to my projects and makes everything more personal.
 I started my cards by choosing a nice color scheme and selected harmonizing embellishments from the collection. Next, I trimmed the patterned paper to 8.5”x5.5” and folded in half to create a vertical card base. Of course, the card isn’t complete without an envelope! This was super quick to make thanks to my WRMK envelope punch board. I had envelopes in minutes that coordinated beautifully and fit the cards perfectly.

When finished, I grabbed colorful threads and stitched frames or other shapes to the background using various stitching techniques.

For the first card, I added a chain stitching frame and created a cluster to the center using ephemera pieces and the beautifully embroidered bird path. Then I fussy cut flowers from the 6x9 paper pad and adhered them to the corners. I placed a sticker label under the bird to add a title.

My second card combines a number of different elements. At the bottom of the layers is a floral tag from the ephemera pack, layered on top of that is an oval gold sticker from the 12x12 project pad which I backed with patterned paper, a cardstock sticker and then a peacock sticker from the puffy sticker sheet. In springtime, we can’t get enough flowers so I added the beautiful blue sequin flower to the top. I finished my card with label stickers and a black XOXO word label just to draw your attention back into the main part of the card.


Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope I have been able to show you how easy it is to create cards using the beautiful Flourish collection.
 Supplies: Flourish Collection: Always (344367), Project Pad (350839), Embroidered patch (350821), Ephemera (350824), Phrase Label (350826), 6x12 stickers (350822), Puffy Stickers (350825), Delights (350820)







No comments:

Post a Comment