DIY Smash Book with All Heart collection | Crate Paper DT


Hi, Ladies! I'm up on the Crate Paper blog today with my first project using the fantastic and super cool All Heart collection. When I flipped through the colorful papers and the unique embellishments, I felt I needed to create something fun, easy and youngish, like a junk journal or smash book.

When you start a smash book, the only rule is there are no rules! Just go with the flow, use your creativity and enjoy the process! To start, I grabbed a D-ring album and covered the front and back cover with patterned paper. Then, I covered the spine with a different paper and added washi tape to make my book even more pretty.  To embellish the cover, I just added things that make me happy to see. The sparkling acrylic hearts, the blue tassel, and the silver ampersands are so pretty together! I used black puffy alphas from Sunny Days collection to create the ‘ideas’ title and added a ‘FUN’ chipboard sticker above.


Then, I added an eyelet to the spine using my Crop-A-Dile and attached a metal Ball Chain top hold my DIY pom-pom tassel and some washi tapes.


I also added a pen holder to the back cover using an eyelet and a pink hairband.


To the inner side of the cover, I added a plastic pocket to hold tags, cards, stamps, and other pretty things I might need when I use this book. 


Next step is filling the album with my ideas, plans, thoughts, and creativity. I didn’t want to accurate define for what I use this book, but I created some tabbed divider to give me starting-points. The blue Piece Out paper is one of my favorite from this collection, and I chose it as a background for my first divider. I fussy cut pretty flowers from the Wallflower paper, and to give a white outline, I adhered the flowers to a white paper and fussy cut again. I arranged my photo to the center and adhered the flowers under the photo using foam adhesive. Then, I created a fun title using fussy cut alphas.


Next, I grabbed the Be You paper with those colorful stripes, and machine stitched through all the lines using colorful threads. Then I added the ‘Hey Girl’ glittered chipboard sticker to the center.  So pretty and fun!




This project was a lot of fun to create! I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try with All Heart collection! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: All Heart collection | Paper Tassels (350862), Cardstock Stickers (350860), Chipboard stickers (350858), Charms (350861), Washi Tape (350864), Clear Stamp (350867), Hustle (350844), Wallflower (350848), Be You (350850) Acrylic hearts (350868), Sunny Days collection alphabet stickers (350798)





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Did you use a die cut or a cut file for to make the pockets! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete