Mixed media background with Vicki Boutin paints | American Crafts DT


Hi Ladies! I'm back today a colorful mixed media layout inspiration today. This time I decided to grab my beautiful Vicki Boutin acrylic paints and picked out some pretty blue and purple shades.
I mixed the acrylic paints with matte acrylic gel medium, this makes the paint smoother and a little bit transparent. I then grabbed a white cardstock from Vicki’s mixed media art paper pad and started to paint big splashes all over the paper.


I just loved the result and decided to add white dots here and there using modeling paste and Vicki Boutin stencils. Then, I cut a vase shape from white cardstock and backed it with patterned paper and vellum.  


I placed the vase to the center of the bottom and started to gather a big bouquet paper flower. I used the lovely Field Notes collection from Vicki Boutin, it has a lot of beautiful flower ephemera pieces, but I also fussy cut flowers from patterned paper and cut 3D flower with my Cameo. I arranged them into a bouquet and placed ephemera leaves among them.


I created the title mixing acrylic word sticker and cardstock sticker and added my journaling to the bottom.


This layout was so much fun to create, I hope I could inspire you to play with your mixed media stuff! Thank you for stopping by! Bea

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this...am going to try one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flowers are 3d on this layout. I adds so much to it. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete